The Camp Food Service & Maintenance Conference
The Camp Food Service and Maintenance Conference
March 3rd-5th 2020
The conference is hosted at YMCA Camp Chingachgook, a year-round retreat, children’s summer camp, and school outdoor education center. Instructors and speakers come from national associations and are recognized experts in food service, maintenance and camping. The Food Service & Maintenance Conferences have long been staples of the Adirondack Training Institute’s offerings. These two conferences have been combined into one conference, allowing us to expand professional development opportunities into one event. We continue to focus on providing industry specific and hands on sessions, as well as opportunities to collaborate and network with your colleagues. The combined format will also make traveling to the conference more cost effective for you and your Camp, thus allowing multiple food service and maintenance staff members to benefit from this unique and worthwhile experience.
Click Here to Register
Pre-Conference: Monday, March 2nd
Below are the 2020 courses that are being offered:
- ACA Standards Course. 9am-2:00PM. Free course to prepare directors for their ACA accreditation.
- ACA Visitor Update Course: 2:30-5:00 pm. Free course.
- Serv Safe Class and Exam. Extra fee – see conference registration on Eventbrite
- Camp Food Service Management. Extra fee – see conference registration on Eventbrite
Register before February to get our Early Bird Discount!
- If flying into Albany Airport, we can provide a shuttle for an additional fee of $55 each way. Please arrange to arrive by 3PM the day before the conference and depart after 2PM the closing day of the conference.
- Overnight lodging is available at Chingachgook in rustic, heated, shared bunk cabins with bathrooms in a separate building. The cost for lodging is $30 per night.
- The Best Western Hotel in Lake George offers a discounted rate of $88/night for conference attendees. Please call the
hotel directly at 518-668-5701 and mention “Camp Chingachgook YMCA.” A shuttle will be provided to and from Camp
- There is also a block of rooms reserved at a discounted rate of $99/night at the Courtyard by Marriott Lake George. To reserve, call 518-761-1150 and mention “Camp Food Service and Maintenance Conference.” A shuttle will be provided to and from Camp each day.
Mail: YMCA Camp Chingachgook. 1872 Pilot Knob Rd. Kattskill Bay, NY 12844.
For more questions please call 518-656-9462.
The North American Camp Food Service Conference is an Educational Endorsed program of the American Camp Association, and also endorsed by the YMCA and the Girl Scouts.
Speakers and Sponsors
Are you or your company/organization interested in sharing what you do with camp professionals from around the country? Do you have a related session or workshop that you would like to share during our breakout times? Join us at this year’s conference!. Click here to submit a session proposal or email Taylor Esperti for sponsorship information.